LCAG made a variety of submissions to Sir Amyas Morse's Loan Charge review. This page provides a record of the evidence submitted to the review
HM Treasury commissioned Sir Amyas Morse in September 2019 to conduct an independent review of the Loan Charge.
LCAG was invited to provide evidence to the review – we supplied almost 50 separate pieces of evidence and around 800 individual impact statements. Some evidence cannot be made public as they contain private information, but a selection of submissions made to Sir Amyas can be found below:
- LCAG Overall Briefing to LC Review
- Expat Briefing to LC Review
- How Many are Impacted by the Loan Charge
- Loan Charge Propaganda Scandal
- Loan Charge Scandal (Summer 2019 Update)
- Public Bill Committee Review of Loan Charge
- Treasury Select Sub-Committee Report Submission
- HMRC Behaviour
- HMRC Experiences
- Who can pay the Loan Charge and Still Enjoy Their Life
- APN Action and Enforcement Analysis
Become a Member of LCAG
The Loan Charge Action Group has been formed to raise awareness of the retrospective tax charge introduced by HM Government in the 2017 Budget.
Please note, we do not provide any form of chargeable service or professional advice.
Our mission is to:
Inform the tens of thousands of individuals impacted, most of whom are as yet unaware of its existence and devastating impact.
Build a community where affected individuals can find information and support.
Engage with politicians and the media to raise awareness of the devastating impact this legislation will have on individuals their families and our communities.Join Us Today