Mass Demonstration Wednesday 4th September 2019 – LATE DATE CHANGE FROM 11th
On Wednesday 4th September 2019, LCAG campaigners are descending on Westminster to take part in a mass demonstration to remind Boris of his Hustings promise to suspend and review the Loan Charge. We need this to be our biggest protest yet!
Those attending should meet at Churchill’s statue in Parliament Square at 10.30am
There will be banners and placards to hold, leaflets to hand out explaining the LC, Boris’s promise and how much MP support we have and chanting to join in with if you like to make yourself heard!
We will move to St Stephens Entrance (9 on below map) at 11am where MPs can come and meet us for photos.
Sir Ed Davey, chair of the Loan Charge APPG will come and speak to us at this time too
The demo will stay as St Stephens from 11am – 12pm
After this anyone able to should enter Westminster and lobby their MP:
There are two ways you can arrange a lobby meeting. Write to your MP here and arrange a meeting on the day or follow our five steps to ‘green carding’ on the day itself.
- Go through the Cromwell Green entrance (see above map) to parliament and pass through security (allow for this to take up to 20 minutes).
- Queue up at the information desk in the central lobby and you will need to collect and fill in a “green card.”
- Hand the green card to the information desk. The information desk will be able to let you know quite quickly if your MP is not at the House of Commons.
- If your MP is unavailable the fact that you have handed in a green card will mean that your MP will know you have requested a meeting and your MP will have to write to you in due course letting you know their views.
- If the information desk does manage to contact your MP be prepared to wait for a while.
Keep checking back here for more information.